Are you considering installing an electric vehicle charge point in Manchester? Well, you’re in the right place. Rightcharge is here to make your electric vehicle charging experience a convenient and hassle-free experience.
Rightcharge can simplify purchasing and installing electric vehicle (EV) charge points in Manchester, providing you with the correct charger, local installation services, and guidance on finding the best EV-friendly energy tariff.
This article will guide you through purchasing and installing EV charge points in Manchester. With us, you’ll get the correct charger, benefit from a local installation service and expert guidance on finding the best EV-friendly energy tariff.
Trust Rightcharge for all your EV charging needs in Manchester!
Why should you install an EV home charger in Manchester?
There are many advantages to installing an EV charger at home:
1. Convenient Car Charging: Installing an EV charger at your home allows you to recharge your EV when it is most convenient. No more waiting in queues or worrying that there aren’t enough public charging stations available.
2. Affordable Car Charging: You can recharge your vehicle for much less than at a public charging station. Installing a home EV charger means you can access cheaper electricity rates.
3. Increased Property Value: Installing an EV charger can increase the value of your home.
4. Quicker Car Charging: You can recharge your vehicle up to three times faster using a home EV charger than a standard three-pin plug.
So, what’s not to like? Take charge of your EV charging schedule and enjoy the benefits of having a home charger in Manchester.
Let’s review how to purchase and install an EV home charger.
Types of EV Chargers
There are many different chargers on markets, which can make finding the right home charger difficult.
When purchasing a charger, there are many factors to consider, including appearance, price, vehicle compatibility, power output, cable type, locks, warranty, compatibility with PV solar panels and more!
How to find the right charge point for you
Here at Rightcharge, we understand that selecting the right charger can be difficult. That’s why we have carefully selected a variety of EV chargers to make your decision easier. We’re here to help you find the right charger to suit you.
We’ve even gone the extra mile and created a charger comparison tool which helps you filter your search and find the perfect charger for your needs, preferences and budget!
Our team of experts work behind the scenes to discover the most recent charge deals for you, which ensures that our suggestions are always current and often the most affordable option on the market.
Electric vehicle charger installers in Manchester
Next is arranging the charger installation once you’ve decided what charger is right for you.
Factors to consider when searching for an EV charge point installer in Manchester
With many installers on the market, finding the correct installer for your electric car charger can be challenging.
When searching for an EV charger installer, you should take into account the following factors: OLEV approval, NICEIC/NAPIT certification, and a business with a good reputation for quality and reliability.
When you’re looking for an installer to set up your EV charging point there are a few key things to keep in mind.
- Firstly, you’ll want a company with OLEV approval, as this ensures that they meet the government’s standards for installing electric vehicle chargers.
- Moreover, opting for an installer with NICEIC/NAPIT certification ensures they are skilled and competent in electrical installation work.
- Lastly, it is essential to select a company that has a proven track record of delivering high-quality and dependable services.
However, don’t worry about completing this search by yourself. We have already found the perfect installer for you!
At Rightcharge, we have a network of experienced, top-rated and competitively priced installers.
Where do we install EV charging points in Manchester?
Our EV charging points installation service covers Manchester, Greater Manchester and surrounding areas.
Understanding the costs of an EV charger installation in Manchester
Cost is among the most important factors when installing an EV charge point at your home.
Factors affecting the costs of installing an EV home charging point
The initial cost of purchasing your home charger varies depending on the chosen charging point. Then there is an additional cost for the installation.
At Rightcharge, we will provide a free quote outlining any costs involved in the purchasing and installation of your EV charger. Therefore, you can make an informed decision and prepare for fees in advance to help you avoid any hidden expenses.
Savings from installing an EV home charging point
Did you know combining the correct home EV charger and an EV-friendly energy tariff can save you on average £400 per year?
Scheduling your home car charging can help you save money on electricity and increase your use of renewable energy, ultimately reducing your carbon footprint.
An EV home charge can save you money and help protect the environment!
The process for an EV charger installation in Manchester
It is highly recommended not to install a home charging point yourself. An expert must complete the job due to the high voltage involved when installing a charge point.
In order to ensure a safe installation of your home charger, it’s essential to conduct a home survey beforehand. This survey can be easily completed from the comfort of your home by filling in our short survey. Alternatively, you can opt for a professional to carry out a home survey on your behalf which may have a cost.
The final step in the process involves the installation of your EV charger. The installation can be completed in as little as two hours.
How does the installation process work with Rightcharge?
- Our simple process begins by asking a few straightforward questions about your home and charger preferences. We’ll then match you with a local installer who knows your area best. We will also show you a range of EV charge points that suit your needs, preferences and budget.
- Next, to guarantee your safety, we conduct a quick remote home survey or in-person if requested.
- Once we’ve gathered all the necessary information, we’ll provide you with a free quote outlining the costs of your chosen charge point and installation.
- After you’ve accepted the quote, we’ll schedule a convenient installation date for you, typically within 2-3 weeks.
- Get your EV charger installed at home! You can rest easy knowing Rightcharge have you covered every step of your charging journey.
How do I know I can get a charge point installed?
If you are in a property with off-street parking, such as your own driveway or garage, then you can install an EV charger at your home.
If you live in a rental property, you must seek your landlord’s permission before installing the charger.
Regarding planning permission, you do not need to apply for permission to set up a charger on your driveway or in your garage. However, there are specific guidelines you must adhere to. For instance, a wall-mounted charger should not exceed 0.2 cubic meters in size, while a stand-mounted charger must not be taller than 2.3 meters. Also, chargers must be at least two meters from a public highway.
Cautionary note: If you happen to live in a listed building or scheduled monument, you are not allowed to install a charge point within its curtilage, which means neither on the building itself nor on the land directly attached to it
Looking to install an electric vehicle home charge point in Manchester. We’ve got you covered. With Rightcharge, you can easily find and install the best home charging solution for your EV. Take the first step towards hassle-free EV charging by visiting Rightcharge today.
Have you got any questions or want some advice about your EV charger installation? Our helpful team of EV experts are only a click away. Email us at email@example.com.