If you’re looking for an electric vehicle (EV) charging point or home charger installation in Edinburgh, your search ends here! Rightcharge provides a convenient and straightforward EV charge point installation service across Edinburgh.
At Rightcharge, we ensure a smooth installation process for your EV charging point while helping you save money.
This article will guide you through the process of purchasing and installing electric vehicle charge points in Edinburgh. Count on us to get the right home EV charger and benefit from local installation services and expert advice on finding the best energy tariff.
Why should you install an EV home charger in Edinburgh?
Installing a home electric vehicle charger comes with numerous advantages, making it an excellent investment for electric vehicle car owners:
1. Convenience: A home EV charger allows you to recharge your vehicle when it suits you best. Therefore, you will not be dependent on public charging points. There’s no need to stand in a queue or be concerned about insufficient public charging points.
2. Lower Costs for Car Charging: A home EV charger means you can take advantage of cheaper electricity rates. As a result, you can recharge your car for much less money than public EV charging points.
3. Property Investment: Installing an EV charging point at home can increase the appeal of your property to potential buyers and renters and boost the value of your property.
4. Faster Charging: Home EV chargers are much more efficient for recharging electric vehicles than standard three-pin plugs, providing charging speeds up to three times faster.
Let’s look into the purchasing and installation processes for your EV home charger in Edinburgh.
Types of electric vehicle charging points
With so many choices on the market, choosing the ideal home charging station can take time and effort. Navigating all the different factors you need to consider when purchasing a charger, such as vehicle compatibility, power output, untethered or tethered cable, locks, warranty, integrated earth rod, compatibility with solar panels and more, can be confusing.
How to find the right charge point for you
At Rightcharge, we understand that choosing the right charge point can be difficult, but don’t worry. We’re here to help you find the charger that suits you! We have handpicked a range of high-quality EV chargers.
But wait, there’s more. We’ve gone above and beyond by creating a charger comparison tool to help you filter your search and discover the correct charger that aligns with your needs, preferences and budget.
Our EV experts plug away in the background finding you the latest charger deals, so our recommendations are always up-to-date and often the cheapest in the market.
Electric vehicle charger installers in Edinburgh
Once you’ve selected the perfect charger for you and your electric car, the next step is to arrange the installation process.
Factors to consider when searching for an EV charge point installer in Edinburgh
Finding a good installer for your electric vehicle charger can take some time because there are so many EV charger installers on the market.
When you’re looking for someone to install an EV charging point, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind.
It is important to prioritise safety and quality. and choose an approved installer with OLEV approval and NICEIC/NAPIT certification. Additionally, opting for a company with a solid reputation for providing high-quality and reliable services can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience.
But we have already found these installers for you!
We offer a network of skilled, competitively priced, and qualified installers.
Where do we install charge points in Edinburgh?
Our services cover all of Edinburgh and surrounding areas.
Understanding the costs of installing an EV charge point in Edinburgh
The cost of installing an EV charge point at your home is an essential factor to consider.
By planning and clearly understanding any expenses involved in purchasing and installing an EV charge point, you can make an informed decision and prevent any financial surprises during the process.
Factors affecting the costs of installing an EV home charge point
There is an upfront cost for buying your home charger, which varies depending on the charge point, and then there is an additional fee for the installation.
However, with Rightcharge, you won’t encounter any unexpected chargers. We offer a free quote outlining the cost of your EV charging unit and installation. So you can start your EV charging journey without any surprise fees.
Savings from installing an EV home charge point
Did you know combining the correct home EV charger and an EV-friendly energy tariff can save you, on average, £400 per year?
When you schedule your car charging at home, you can reduce your electricity bills and increase your use of renewable energy – helping you save more money and reduce your carbon footprint!
Choosing an EV charge point is not only a cost-effective solution but also a sustainable one.
The process for EV home charger installation in Edinburgh
Installing a home electric car charging point is certainly not something you should attempt to do on your own – as they say, it’s best to leave it to the experts! Electric car charging points operate at a high voltage, so it is essential to have a professional complete the job.
It’s always a good idea to rely on the experts to ensure your safety. Before your installation you can complete the survey remotely by answering a few simple questions and providing a few photos, or alternatively request a home visit which may have a cost.. You’ll then be provided with a free no-obligation quote so you can understand the costs for your charger. Once everything is set, the professionals will carry out the installation of the charger.
How does the installation process work with Rightcharge?
Purchasing and installing an EV charger with Rightcharge is a seamless process:
- We can help you find the perfect EV charger for your needs! First, we’ll ask a few simple questions about your home and charger preferences, as well as your postcode, to match you with a local installer who knows your area best.
- Next, we want to ensure that your chosen charge point location is safe, so a quick home survey will be completed. This survey can be done remotely or in person, depending on your preference.
- After we’ve assessed your needs and completed the survey, we’ll provide you with a free quote that outlines the costs of your chosen charge point and installation.
- Once you’ve accepted the quote, we’ll book the installation for a day that’s convenient for you.
- Get your electric charger installed – It’s that easy!
How do I know if I can get a charge point installed?
Understanding the eligibility for installing a home car charging point is surprisingly simple. If you have off-street parking with a private driveway or garage, you can install an EV charger at your residence.
If you are renting, securing permission from your landlord is a necessary step before installing an electric car charge point.
And here’s the great news – there is no need to go through the hassle of applying for planning permission when installing a charge point on your driveway or garage. However, it’s essential to keep in mind specific guidelines around positioning, height and size of the charge point.
- A wall-mounted charger should not exceed 0.2 cubic meters in size
- A stand-mounted charger must not be taller than 2.3 meters
- Chargers should be located at least 2 meters away from any public highway.
- If you reside in a listed building or a scheduled monument, installing a charge point within the curtilage, meaning on the building itself or the directly attached land, is not allowed.
Rightcharge offers expert advice on finding the best energy tariff, local installation services, and a smooth installation process to help you save money. With numerous advantages to installing an EV home charger, it’s no surprise that more and more EV owners are investing in a home charge point.
If you’re ready to take the next step in upgrading your EV charging experience, visit Rightcharge for more information and to get a free quote today.
Have you got any questions or want some advice about your EV charging point installation? Our helpful team of EV experts are only a click away. Email us at email@example.com.